Illness and accidents don’t respect your travel plans. They can happen to anyone, at any time.
If you’re injured or become ill while traveling away from home, you are responsible to pay for the emergency healthcare services not covered by your government health care plan. And your Canadian government healthcare plans only cover you for specific health expenses in your home province or territory. Their funding for expenses out-of-province or out-of-country medical treatments is very limited.
Canadian government healthcare plans strongly advise the purchase of supplemental healthcare insurance whenever you travel outside of your home province or country. Even if it is just a cross-border shopping trip, you can put your finances and health at risk if you develop an illness or have an accident.
AwayCare Inc., a division of Encompass Insurance & Wealth Management Inc., offer a variety of traveler's emergency medical coverage and trip cancellation insurance including coverage for:
- Canadians traveling for pleasure or business outside of Canada
- Canadians traveling for pleasure or business outside of their home province
- Visitors to Canada
- Returning Canadians awaiting their government health plan
- New immigrants
- Foreign students studying in Canada
- Foreign workers who are awaiting their government healthcare plan or are working in provinces without coverage for foreign workers
- CHL coverage for hockey teams